- Took Scully for a super early morning walk, because my wife was busy with an appointment this morning, so she couldn’t do their usual morning walk.
- Took Scully in to my wife’s work to drop her off there for the day.
- Mixed together ingredients to make sourdough challah and kneaded it into dough, which then had to rise for four hours.
- Did the weekly grocery shopping.
- Went out to drive my mother-in-law home from an errand she had to run.
- Rolled out the challah dough and shaped the loaves by braiding, then left to rise another five hours.
- Worked on some comics, once I had a few spare minutes.
- Made minestrone for dinner
- Baked the challah.
- Played online board games with friends.
Here’s some photos of the challah being made.
1. Ingredients: water, flour+salt, egg+oil+honey, sourdough levain.
2. Mixing the levain and water.
3. Mixing wet ingredients.
4. Ragged dough.
5. Kneaded dough.
6. Rolling the dough.
7. Plaiting the dough.
8. Plaited loaves ready to rise.
9. Risen loaves ready to bake.
10. Finished loaves! Yum!
New content today: